Car accidents are one of the leading causes of serious injury and death in the United States. When you are involved in a car accident you can face steep hospital bills and rehabilitation costs, all while missing work due to your injuries. You expect your insurance company to be on your side, but all too often they are not, especially when the accident is caused by an uninsured or underinsured driver. That is why you will need the help of an experienced and passionate auto accident attorney.
Experience Matters in Auto Accident Cases
When you have to fight an insurance company for the compensation you deserve, you need an attorney with experience. Jim Allegretti has been fighting these insurance companies for over 35 years to receive compensation for people like you, and he has been winning. An experienced car accident attorney understands how to investigate and litigate common causes of these accidents, which may include:
- Ignoring traffic signs and lights;
- Changing lanes without using turning signals;
- Driving without headlights at night; or
- Drunk driving and driving under the influence of drugs.
What Should You Do if You are in a Car Accident?
When you are in an accident, there are some important things you can do to improve your chances of receiving the compensation you deserve.
- First, you should report the accident to police so there is an official record of it.
- You should gather as much information as possible at the scene both about the other driver and his or her car and about any witnesses.
- You should get the other driver’s insurance information.
- Contact your insurance carrier immediately, but do not talk to any other insurance companies. Other insurance companies are not on your side, so you should let your attorney speak with them.
- Finally, seek medical assistance as soon as possible.
Call an Auto Accident Lawyer
If you or someone you love has been in a car accident, you will need the help of an experienced lawyer. That is why you should call the Arlington Heights auto accident attorneys at Allegretti & Associates. When you call us at (847)825-2000 we can schedule a free consultation.