Each state in the country has worked tirelessly to lessen incidents of drunk driving. By cracking down on defenders and putting stricter laws in place, they hope individuals will make wiser decisions and avoid driving while they are under the influence. When individuals make the mistake of driving after drinking, it is wise for them to get help from a drunk driving attorney in Mayville, WI. Getting help from an attorney may not offer a guaranteed positive outcome, but it can certainly help those who are facing serious charges.
What Should First-Time Offenders Know?
Knowing the penalties they face is essential for first-time offenders because they often are unaware of what to expect in the process. Because the DWI laws have become so tough, even first-time offenders can face serious penalties that could have an impact on their future. The following are some of the penalties a convicted first-time offender could face in the state of Wisconsin.
• The individual can have their license suspended for a period of six to nine months.
• The convicted individual could be required to pay a fine of up to $300.
• The convicted individual will be required to go through a mandatory drug and alcohol assessment which is usually conducted within 14 days.
• If the BAC was over .15%, an ignition interlock device may be required for their vehicle.
• The individual could face increased rates with their insurance company because they will be considered high-risk.
• The individual will also incur fees for having their license reinstated.
Get Legal Help Now
If you have been charged with driving while under the influence, it is essential you hire a drunk driving attorney in Mayville, WI. Getting help from an attorney will give you the guidance and peace of mind you need through your trial.
For more information on these services, Visit the website. With legal help, criminal defendants can find the guidance they need, so they can make sound decisions that will help them in their trial process. Call the office right away if you would like to schedule a consultation appointment to get started. They are looking forward to helping you every step of the way. You can also visit them on Facebook.