Car accidents happen every day in and around Tampa and Hillsborough County. Injuries are reported in about 75% of them. If you’re a victim who suffered injuries in a car accident, you must prove that the defendant was negligent and caused your accident and injuries. According to the attorneys at our car accident law firm in Tampa, FL, here are some common car accident injuries suffered by auto accident victims across Florida:
* Traumatic brain injuries.
* Neck and spinal cord injuries.
* Injuries to spinal discs and nerves.
* Joint damage.
Common causes of auto accidents.
Nearly all auto accidents are preventable. The overwhelming majority of them are caused by driver error. Here are some examples of driver error and poor judgment:
* Talking on a cell phone or texting while a car is in motion.
* Excessive speed or driving too fast for traffic or weather conditions.
* Disobeying traffic signals or stop signs.
* Failing to yield the right-of-way.
* Driving while intoxicated, under the influence of drugs or both.
It’s the objective of insurance companies to collect premium payments and pay out as little as possible or even nothing on claims. After being injured in an accident that was caused by another driver, don’t give the opposing insurance company any type of a statement. It will only use your words against you in the future. Instead of possibly hurting your case, arrange for a free consultation and case review with an experienced attorney from our car accident law firm in Tampa, FL. You can tell us what happened and how it has affected you, and we can answer your questions. After that, we can advise you on how we think you should proceed.